Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Olee Sleep 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Review - Great Mattress!

This is Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress  - Great Mattress!


I made sure and waited for a little while before I wrote this review. I bought this mattress and built a slat frame to support it (no box spring) about 4 months ago and have been pleased with the results thus far. And at 250$ total investment including the lumber, it was about the cheapest new mattress option I could find, which helps with the budget for sure. However, I find it quite comfortable. It is different if you haven't slept on a memory foam/slat setup before, as there is no bounce at all and it takes some work to roll over. However that has not bothered me. I am a graduate student, and have had a very inconsistent sleep schedule to say the least, especially since I also have sleep apnea. I've also went to bed with a stiff/sore back a few times and not had any pain the next day-something previous mattresses have not been able to do. I won't say it cured the back pain, but it definitely didn't make the issue worse! Even with limited sleep time and otherwise marginal conditions, I have been able to still get decent rest.

To address a few concerns others have pointed out:

- There is a slight odor when first unpacking, but it was not over powering. I opened the windows that afternoon before I went to bed and did not notice any smell the next day. For sure, after a few days, the smell was completely gone.
-Actual Thickness/Time to fully expand: Mine was essentially what was advertised, though I did not bust out the measuring tape. Others on here have, but needless to say it eyeballs to the advertised 10". Expansion took maybe 15 minutes total. But I did not lay on it for over an hour after, just to be sure.
-Bed is somewhat firm with no boxspring, but not overly so. I can walk on the mattress and my feet do not go through to the slats underneath, so it supports the body fairly well. However the top layers are soft enough that you get (in my opinion) a good compromise between support and softness.
-No notable depressions have formed on the mattress from me sleeping on it
-I do not currently have a partner that is sharing the bed, but I would imagine there's no motion transfer to speak of, if you are in such a situation.



Given that this mattress is significantly cheaper than any other retail option, yet still delivers good comfort, I'd definitely consider getting another one in the future. Definitely have been pleased with it so far.

Here is the link to the product if you would like to view or buy: Olee Sleep 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress

No comments:

Post a Comment