Sunday, September 6, 2020

Echo Link Amp Review - Stream and amplify hi-fi music to your speakers

This is Echo Link Amp - Stream and amplify hi-fi music to your speakers


I posted my detailed review and measurements to audio science review. Some surprising finds were frequency response being limited to 24 kHz. From audibility point of view this is fine but be mindful that you would be wasting your money playing any high resolution/high sample rate content. Distortion is average for the amplifiers I have tested which means not so great.


When pushed, you literally hear the distortion through the case. Likely some coil is resonating.

Software configuration was problematic and took a number of tries. I was disappointed that I could not just use it with Ethernet and had to resort to setting up wifi which was difficult to get going. Seems Amazon has gone backward in reliability and simplicity of the original Echo devices.

I was surprised that there is no way to select inputs in the app. Worse yet you can't change the volume! Why oh why? Yes, there is a volume control but that only works for content you are playing from the app. The volume control is digital so why can't it be controlled remotely?

The overall functionality and build quality pushed me to put it on my recommended list but with reservations. Search for Amazon Link Echo Amp and audiosciencereview and you will find my detailed report.

Here is the link to the product for you to view or buy: Echo Link Amp



No comments:

Post a Comment